Cindy and Roy

Cindy and Roy
Retired Travelers

Thursday, January 5, 2012

RUN CINDY RUN!!!

Why do I feel like going on Safari in Africa is like choosing to go camping in Yellowstone Park with the goal being to find the BEARS!!  It’s just sinking in and giving me a sinking feeling that we’re actually planning to spend almost two months stalking animals that have always looked at us licking their lips from behind bars at a zoo.  I remember pontificating many times over the years my desire to see the BIG FIVE in their natural environment. However, that was before I thought I actually would do it.
Last year in the jungles of Belize and Guatemala, I found some peace of mind being on the same continent. After all if worse came to worse, I could always thumb a ride home. Further, if there were dangerous animals, chances were that they were smaller than us. This time it will be VERY different.
So today after picking up our Malaria pills and receiving the last of our Hep A and B shots, I realized that in just a few weeks I will be transported into another world.
Well, I guess it’s time to strap on my big girl khakis and girl up.

It’s just that I keep hearing the same thing echo in my head ….RUN CINDY RUN!!!

"You and Karen" from OUT OF AFRICA
 OUT OF AFRICA theme song