Cindy and Roy

Cindy and Roy
Retired Travelers

Friday, February 3, 2012

Hey does this tall grass make my butt look big??


So, yesterday we went on a boat ride on St. Lucia Lake which is feed into from the Indian Ocean and is known for its large and I mean large population of hippo's and crocodiles.

On board with us were our guide, two couples from Holland and a young couple with three little girls. It was a marvelous day to explore the vast wild life on the lake. In no time at all, we spotted our first hippos with their mammoth heads popping out of the water hiding of course they’re even more mammoth bodies. I mentioned to the crowd, that I read that hippo’s stay in and under the water so they avoid getting sunburned. Remember, that was also on my blog under “little facts about Africa”.  As I looked around, I glowed in my ability to enlighten my fellow travelers. That was until my dear husband proclaimed, “folks let me introduce you to your guide Cindy. She comes from the acclaimed college called University of GOOGLE”. I smiled and chuckled along with the other passengers and then silently under my breath said; note to self be sure to make Roy suffer later. Unfortunately, when one person gets punished everyone gets punished and that was the last little piece of information they were getting out of me.

As our trip continued on, we then came to a huge pod (yes I learnt on Google they call them pods) of hippo’s near the shoreline. Two very large, in fact humongous hippos started to swim to shore to lie down in the shade. We all watched in awe as their full bodies emerged from the water. My dear husband then jokingly said, “hey honey why don’t you go stand next to the hippos and you’ll look really skinny”. Oh yes… my lovely husband the comedian. Another note to self, never say yes to Roy again.

The attached video of my two new BFF’s was taken 2/1/2012.

Well, in all honesty, if I didn’t find Roy so damn funny I would probably still be mad at him. As it was, my anger only lasted until he said that he heard one of the hippo say “hey does this tall grass make my butt look big”?