Cindy and Roy

Cindy and Roy
Retired Travelers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

The smallest things can bring happiness!


 A long time ago, I had read that during WWII many women saved up their rations to buy nylons and chocolates. At the time I didn’t totally understand why someone might do without a loaf of bread or a few eggs to splurge on such a non-necessity. However, there were times I didn’t have two nickels to rub together and simple pleasures like a warm bath with the local drug store bath oils was all I needed to feel better.

So, when I solicited Bennie Babies for the kids, we might encounter in South Africa it was not to improve their circumstance - we try to do that through other means but to for a brief moment give them happiness.


Today we have a gift too, an unexpected smile on our faces knowing that 16 little kids all slept a little better last night clenching their new Bennie Baby. XO from Africa!