Cindy and Roy

Cindy and Roy
Retired Travelers

Thursday, February 5, 2015

A very special message from heaven...


A very special message from heaven...


The Andes Mountains must be very close to heaven because Roy and I received a very special gift one morning. As I mentioned in an earlier post, while volunteering in Huancayo Peru we stayed with a family on a farm. Tourists are not common in this area since it is very remote. In fact, in all the time we were there, we were the only tourist that we ever saw. One morning while Roy and I sat alone in the kitchen sharing a pot of wonderful rich Peruvian coffee, Roy stopped in the middle of a sentence and pointed to the old stone floor and said, “Oh my God”! Lying in the dusty corner was a shiny USA penny looking so small and out of place. I actually began to shake as I went to retrieve it and when I looked up Roy was wiping a tear from his cheek. It is impossible to describe what this special gift meant to Roy and me. Although we believe that pennies that are found are messages from loved ones in heaven, we also believe that pennies fall from heaven but are earned on earth. I hope the penny we found means that you are proud of us dad.