Cindy and Roy

Cindy and Roy
Retired Travelers

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Just cost a little chicken feed ...I mean feet!

This is not your mama's chicken soup! Today Roy and ventured out to walk around the absolutely beautiful city of Arequipa - Peru. We stopped by a small restaurant where delicious looking chickens were cooking over a fire pit on a handmade rotisserie. The girl that greeted us was cute as can be and spoke only Spanish. With my newly acquired mastering of the Spanish language, I ordered for Roy and myself. The waitress listened to me and then raddled something off about the chicken that I ordered. Although I didn’t totally understand her, I confidently said si or yes in Spanish. Imagine our surprise when we were served a chicken base soup loaded with little chicken feet. So, the Spanish lesson today is ....sopa de patas de pollo is soup with the feet of chicken!!!